Lindale's Roadmap?

Hello friends from Lindale!

As a regular user of your plugins, I would like to know what is your roadmap as a company? Are there any updates planned, or new plugins?

I think it’s not just me who is eager to know your plans.

I have been a fan of your products since the beginning with skatter 1, thank you for everything!

1 Like

Hi!

We are currently working on Transmutr v2.
Here are some of the main new features:

Materials

• Support for PBR materials
  • Ability to convert materials without geometry
  • Assign materials to objects
  • Create new materials

Proxies

• Export to the Enscape Asset Library in the native Enscape format (much lighter and faster than linked models in v1)
  • Proxies: new “Blobs” placeholder type (one or more convex hulls)
  • Proxies: automatically generate billboard images

Geometry

• Per-object simplification

Misc

• New preview modes (Render/PBR, monochrome)
  • New formats: .gltf, .blend, .ifc
  • Batch conversion in the UI (Studio only)
  • Automatic updates
  • Localization

There are a lot of smaller changes and improvements.

It’s getting ready for a first Alpha, hopefully in the coming weeks. We don’t have an ETA for the release, yet.

When Transmutr v2 is out, we will focus on Skatter v3.

For that one, we want to change the paradigm a little bit: keep what makes Skatter great and powerful, but improve the artistic control on the distribution. We would like to make it more useful to landscape architects, for instance, not just visualizer (but also make it better for the latter!)

If you have ideas and thoughts for Skatter v3, now is the time to share them!

2 Likes

That looks terrific!
Good luck for the final stretch!

2 Likes

Thank you very much Thomas for the response.

I look forward to your wonderful plugins!

Remember that I can help you make the translation into Spanish, both Transmutr and Skatter

1 Like

Hi Lindale

I have been using skkater 1 and skkater 2 for a long time and it is a really nice software to do gardens.

Some time ago i bought from grasswald 2 some ivy then used transmutur and blender to bring those ivys from fbx to vray sketchup file and i tried to use the ivys to climb over the tree.

With skkater 2 this does not look natural Lindale, the software does not feel branches and vertex.

I would really really like to see this in a great way with skkater 3.

Climb ivys on the tree, i hope with time that skkater 3 recognize the branches and the tree to see it in a more natural way.

Also this happens in real life and this gives the garden a new total look.

This could be really awesome Lindale!!!

Thanks

2 Likes

Excellent suggestion for Skatter 3!, it is true that generating Ivy in sketchup is not entirely easy to do.

In many cases i had to use Lumion to make a quick render, since it is extremely easy to achieve this (however, my favorite engine is Vray).

So a workaround to perform Ivy in Sketchup-Skatter-Vray would be great!

1 Like

@Luis_Gamino @Alejandro

What kind of ivy generation would you like to see?

My understanding is that Lumion’s ivy generator simply covers a surface with ivy leaves, with a ‘noise’ pattern and gradient to roughly make it look like an ivy growth.

Would this be enough for your needs?

Or do you need something more realistic that actually simulates growing branches?

Like this:

Or this:
https://docs.blender.org/manual/fr/dev/addons/add_curve/ivy_gen.html

1 Like

In reality, I believe that both scenarios would generate more control for us, to achieve different objectives.

Particularly the lumion option is very simple, easy to configure and with decent results.

Now, creating ivy like the second video, which adapts to 3D elements would be great (maybe a new plugin? … I would buy it!) achieving a lot of realism, however at a cost of greater geometry.

In any case, the sketchup community needs a tool like this.

1 Like

@Luis_Gamino I’m posting your email response here, for future reference:

Hi Thomas

The first option is already possible with skkater 2, ivys works great in a wall or in a surface.

I had done some experiments and it works great.

But in a tree does not look natural.

The second option like ivy in max is what i was talking about.

Skkater does not recognize branches, no vertex.

Skkater 3 should recognize the geometry of the tree so the ivys climb in a more natural way.

Trees with ivys, like in a old magic forest.

Where nature take their own decition.

This could be really awesome Lindale.

Ivys climb in the tree like it does in nature.

Thanks

Thanks guys for your feedback! This is very valuable

We will consider all of this when working on Skatter v3.

1 Like