I’m trying to build an Ivy bush of my own.
Started with Twilight Red Carpet Club leaves updated and a 3D shape to define the bush silhouette.
No matter how I orient the leaves, play with the pointing angle, rotate (negative values don’t seam to play a role!?!), I cannot avoid some leafs from pointing upward!
I would like them all to bend down 30° to 60°.
Feel silly: any ideas? Or it just isn’t possible so far?
It really depends on how the axes of your component are set.
This might help : https://help.getskatter.com/tutorials/creating-a-green-wall
Thanks, you’re so quick!
I’ve read the article, I’ll try again and come back…
Here is an example:
SketchUp file: ivy.skp (382.8 KB)
- See how my leaf component’s axes are set up.
- Random distribution with Wrap (UV) mode
- Use “Pointing Direction” all the way to “Normal”.
- Check “Swap object’s Y and Z axes”
- Use random X rotation between -30 and 0 (or other values) to control how much the leaves will lean to the ground. You can also put some random Y and Z rotation for more diversity.
These files to be copied wherever each of us has chosen to save his custom libraries, such as:
I’ll try your settings too, there’s always something new to learn.
Feel less silly today!