Art center exterior

Hello!

Here is my most recent test project.
Simple art center model from 3DWH populated by Skatter and Laubwerk components.

V-ray 3.60.02, Skatter 1.4.4., Laubwerk Trees.
Total render time 33h with only brute force.

2 Likes

Love it!
How did you light the scene? SketchUp sun or HDRI?

Only SketchUp sun + a lot of color balance tweaking in PS to get the right feel.
I’m happy that other than a few miner fixes to the foreground objects, the render came together really fast. No more headache with 2D PNG trees.
Other than the added sky and more exaggerated DOF effect for the foreground tree, all other changes were only for the color and the added god rays.
Here is the raw render:

1 Like

Stunning render and SUper post work!

PS
Isnt it hard to render using real glass on those windows? It looks like the corner windows have a quite strong optic effect.

Thanks!

I think that curved glass looks better with refraction. For other types of architectural glass I don’t bother and just use reflection.

But did it taker longer to render due to that? As thin glass or architectural glass clear much faster

Phenomenal rendering!

I have two questions. Please answer at your convenience.

What source do you use for gravel? Is it Skatter’s gravel?

Do you tweak Laubwer’s trees at all before rendering? I’m assuming those are Laubwerk.

Yes, that is Skatter gravel.
I only scale and rotate the Laubwerk trees.

Did you edit any of the Laubwerk material on the trees? It was just discovered in another forum (ChaosGroup V-Ray for SU forum) that the default Laubwerk materials have some bad reflective qualities that make them appear more like plastic than bark or leaves.

Nope, no edits were made for the materials.
Have they released a fix already?