In the new version 1.3.0 of Skatter, you can now create complex green walls, or anything else scattered on vertical surfaces.
Here is a complete tutorial one how to do it : http://skatter.helpscoutdocs.com/article/89-creating-a-green-wall
The high quality plant models used in this example are from Lotfi Bernoussi.
You can download them here : https://gumroad.com/l/tOyB
- Added custom projection axis
- Added "Swap object's Z and Y axis" when Pointing Direction is 100% to Normal
- Fixed an important crash/freeze when opening SketchUp when Skatter doesn't find surface group/component
- Fixed object orientation when using Pointing Direction
- Fixed grass color and saturation
- Fixed trees and bushes Vray ID mixup
- Fixed Size/Distance boundary check when the surface is a solid (no boundaries)
Download : http://download.getskatter.com/