Custom Library Object Loading Failure

SketchUp version : 2016
Skatter version (Skatter dialog > Options > About) : 1.4.2
Description of the issue : Skatter does not load custom library objects
Are you able to reproduce the issue every time? (If yes, how?) :Yes,
Error in Ruby Console? (Window > Ruby Console) :
Error: #<NameError: undefined local variable or method ‘vray’ for JBB_Skatter:Module>
C:/ProgramData/SketchUp/SketchUp 2016/SketchUp/Plugins/jbb_skatter/rb/library.rb:153:in ‘eval’
C:/ProgramData/SketchUp/SketchUp 2016/SketchUp/Plugins/jbb_skatter/rb/library.rb:153:in ‘eval’
C:/ProgramData/SketchUp/SketchUp 2016/SketchUp/Plugins/jbb_skatter/rb/library.rb:153:in ‘block (3 levels) in start_lib_dialog’
C:/ProgramData/SketchUp/SketchUp 2016/SketchUp/Plugins/jbb_skatter/rb/library.rb:149:in ‘foreach’
C:/ProgramData/SketchUp/SketchUp 2016/SketchUp/Plugins/jbb_skatter/rb/library.rb:149:in ‘block (2 levels) in start_lib_dialog’
C:/ProgramData/SketchUp/SketchUp 2016/SketchUp/Plugins/jbb_skatter/rb/library.rb:147:in ‘each’
C:/ProgramData/SketchUp/SketchUp 2016/SketchUp/Plugins/jbb_skatter/rb/library.rb:147:in ‘block in start_lib_dialog’
C:/ProgramData/SketchUp/SketchUp 2016/SketchUp/Plugins/jbb_skatter/rb/dialog.rb:20:in ‘call’
C:/ProgramData/SketchUp/SketchUp 2016/SketchUp/Plugins/jbb_skatter/rb/dialog.rb:20:in ‘block in add_bridge_callback’
SketchUp:1:in ‘call’

I have had skatter for quite a while now and enjoy using it lots. In that time, I have amassed custom library objects whose creation process is quite tedious as I have to refine the materials, render projections of at least two sides of the model, export Vray proxies, replace the mesh files with faces (textured with the .png projections - kinda like the bundled library does, really), load and save the new files as skatters etc.

Everything worked well until I moved the custom library from the original install location - in case I format the machine - to another disk, then under Skatter’s dialog box options, set a new path linking to the new custom folder. Initially it worked like a charm but out of the blues, I can no longer load any of the library content in sketchup.

If I delete the custom path, it works and I can load and render everything. If I re-link the path, the library window opens yes (though only half of my skatters are displayed) but if I click on load anything, nothing happens. If I remove the path, It works again.

If I can remember correctly I faced the error before, rectified through deleting a certain .xml file, then creating a new skatter and saving it to my custom folder directly rather than letting skatter save to it’s predefined folder (C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\Skatter\Library\Custom)

Solutions?

PS, if you have time, please analyze this unrelated sketchup file.GateCraash.zip (4.1 MB)
As long as that component is in a model, skatter doesn’t work!

It looks like a library file contains some corrupt data.
Could you send me all the *.sklib files contained in your custom path?
I don’t need the other files (.skp, .vrmesh, etc), I only need the .sklib files.

You can send them in a zip to [email protected]

Thanks

Thanks Thomas, I managed to isolate the .sklib file with an issue. Once deleted, the rest work just fine.
This ->F1.sklib (2.1 KB)
had issues. Not resolved but not necessary.

UPDATE
I copied the contents of the next lib after that (F2) and replaced the “F2” bits with “F1”. Now everything’s working just fine.

Thanks for the file.
Is there any chance you modified it yourself by open the file and adding "proxy_engines"=>[vray] ?

Yes! I wanted the tool tip to read so like it does on the bundled libraries :grin:
Totally my bad